Julie Stead B Bus (Acc) AASA
Since 2008 Julie Stead has worked as a Returning Officer in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and as well as some remote areas in Queensland.
Julie Stead has been the chosen Returning Officer in many of Queensland's larger Schemes where some decisions have been contentious, extremely complex and highly scrutinised.
- Professional indemnity insurance is through Berkley Insurance Australia
- Public liability insurance is through CGU Insurance
- Each Secret Ballot Particulars Envelope is reviewed on receipt for potential problems and contact is made with the Strata Manager and/or Lot owner in an attempt to resolve any issue ahead of the Meeting
- I am readily available to answer Lot owner and Strata Manager questions
- Quick and thorough response to all e-mail and phone enquiries
- The same quality, value for money service is provided to both large Schemes and Small Schemes
- At the conclusion of the Meeting a record of the count is provided to the Chairperson. Within 24hrs a formal report is sent which provides a record of the Secret Ballot and a declaration of Returning Officer Services independence
- Julie has a thorough working knowledge of the Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997 and its Regulations in relation to the conduct of a Secret Ballot
- Please note, Julie is not a lawyer and cannot give legal advice
- If appropriate, Julie will refer you to the legislation, an adjudicator order or a Strata lawyer